What got you here, won’t get you there”Marshall Goldsmith
You have just been promoted from the Championship to the Premiership, the new money and status are fantastic, but the top four and those in the relegation zone are not going to pay you any respect. Unless you raise your game, they will kick you straight back to the Championship.
From experience, here are the top ten areas you need to think about –
- How do you build relationships with your new peers at the level above?
- How should you now behave? – Your new premiership presence
- Can your current support network help at this level? – If not, build a new one
- How do you need to work differently? – more delegation, less in the detail?
- Do you need to build a stronger leadership team to free up some of your time?
- How does the organisation see you differently how can you help more? – Regional events, etc.
- What you say now has more impact. Be careful with that
- What training, mentoring and coaching do you need?
- How are you going to deal with the new workload?
- What quick wins can you have to gain some respect from your fans and peers?
And most importantly how can you celebrate?
In any transition, the first 90 days are critical to proving you have what it takes to stay up in the big league. People’s perceptions are always hard to change after that.